The operation of the Internet and related service industries from January to November 2021
From January to November, the development trend of the Internet and related service industries was stable. Corporate business revenue and operating profit maintained rapid growth; Internet platform services and data business achieved rapid development, and information service revenue grew steadily; multiple provinces maintained a growth trend.
1. Overall operation
Internet business revenue maintained a rapid growth trend. From January to November, my country’s Internet and related service companies above designated size (Internet companies for short) completed business revenue of 1,415.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.3%, and the growth rate was 1.1 percentage points lower than that from January to October, and the two-year average growth rate was 17.5%. .
Internet business revenue growth from January to November 2020-2021 (%)
Operating profit and operating cost increased simultaneously, and the growth rate declined. From January to November, Internet companies achieved operating profits of 128 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 14.8%, and the growth rate dropped by 6.5 percentage points from January to October. Operating costs increased by 17.3% year-on-year, and the growth rate dropped 3.6 percentage points from January to October.
R&D expenses have increased steadily. From January to November, Internet companies invested 67.01 billion yuan in R&D expenses, a year-on-year increase of 5.6%, and the growth rate was 3 percentage points higher than that from January to October.
2. Operation status by business
(1) The revenue of information services continued to grow, and the growth of audio and video services was outstanding. From January to November, Internet companies completed a total of 761.8 billion yuan in information service revenue, a year-on-year increase of 17.6%, and the growth rate was 0.1 percentage points higher than that from January to October; it accounted for 53.8% of Internet business revenue. Among them, audio and video service companies maintained rapid growth; online game companies grew steadily; news and content service companies grew rapidly; the growth rate of business income of companies that provide search services mainly fell from January to October.
(2) The revenue of Internet platforms has grown rapidly, and the growth rate has slowed down. From January to November, Internet companies achieved platform service revenue of 519.1 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 34.8%, and the growth rate was 3.2 percentage points lower than that from January to October; it accounted for 36.7% of Internet business revenue, an increase of 3.1 percentage points year-on-year. Among them, the growth rate of business income of life service platform companies rebounded from January to October. The income of online sales platforms and enterprises that provide mainly manufacturing and production logistics platform services grew steadily.
(3) The income from Internet access services grew at a low rate, and Internet data services continued to develop rapidly. From January to November, Internet companies completed Internet access and related service revenues of 40.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.9%, and the growth rate increased by 0.5% from January to October; completed Internet data services (including cloud services, big data services, etc.) Revenue was 24.15 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 28%.
3. Operation by region
The Internet business revenue in the eastern region has grown steadily, while the western region has seen rapid growth. From January to November, the eastern region completed an Internet business revenue of 1203.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.5%, and the growth rate was 1.1 percentage points lower than that from January to October, accounting for 89.4% of the national Internet business revenue (excluding cross-regional enterprises). The western region completed 87.41 billion yuan of Internet business revenue, a year-on-year increase of 39.2%, and the growth rate was 16.9 percentage points higher than the national average. The revenue from Internet services completed in the central and northeastern regions was 51.12 billion and 4.43 billion, respectively, representing a year-on-year increase of 2.1% and 6.4%. The growth rate was 0.2 and 0.5 percentage points lower than that from January to October, respectively.
Internet business in many provinces maintained a rapid growth trend. From January to November, Beijing (increased by 30.6%), Guangdong (increased by 10.4%), Shanghai (increased by 35.3%), Zhejiang (increased 12.1%) and Jiangsu (increased by 5.1%), which ranked the top 5 in cumulative Internet business revenue, completed Internet business revenue was 1,123.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.6%, accounting for 83.4% of the country (excluding cross-regional enterprises). There are 25 provinces and cities that have achieved positive growth in Internet business growth across the country, and the growth is the same as last month. The growth rate of Hainan, Yunnan, and Tibet exceeded 50%, while the growth rate of Anhui and Jilin exceeded 15%.
Fourth, the development of mobile applications in my country
The total number of mobile applications (APP) remained stable. As of the end of November, the number of apps monitored on the domestic market in my country was 2.72 million, which was the same as at the end of October. Among them, the number of apps in the local third-party app store was 1.37 million, and the number of apps in the Apple Store (China) was 1.36 million. In November, 120,000 apps were added to the shelves and 120,000 apps were removed.
The number of game applications still ranks first. As of the end of November, the top 4 apps by scale of mobile applications accounted for 59.2%, and 10 types of apps such as other life services and education accounted for 40.8%. Among them, the number of game apps continues to lead, reaching 687,000, accounting for 25% of all apps. The number of daily tools, e-commerce and social communication apps reached 402,000, 274,000 and 251,000, respectively, ranking second to fourth. The number of apps for photo, photography, and theme wallpapers increased significantly compared to the end of October.
Games, daily tools, social networking, audio and video applications are among the top downloads. As of the end of November, my country’s third-party application stores have distributed a total of 2,092.4 billion applications on shelves. Among them, the number of downloads of game mobile applications exceeded 300 billion times for the first time, reaching 320.4 billion times. The downloads of daily tools, social communications, music and videos all exceeded 200 billion times, reaching 277.1 billion, 252.8 billion and 244.6 billion respectively, ranking second to fourth; life services, news reading, and system tools The category and e-commerce category ranked fifth to eighth respectively with 191.4 billion times, 159.6 billion times, 151.4 billion times, and 141.1 billion times. Among the other types of applications, the applications that have a total of more than 50 billion downloads include finance (101.5 billion), photography (77.9 billion), and sports and health (50.8 billion).
1. In order to more accurately reflect the dynamics of the mobile application market, the monitoring data was changed from the “cumulative method (that is, the statistical data uses the cumulative calculation method)” to the “on-shelf method (that is, the statistical data is only calculated for the applications on the shelf, excluding the off-shelf applications)”.
2. With reference to the classification of application stores in the market, mobile applications (APP) are divided into: games, daily tools, e-commerce, life services, social communications, education, theme wallpapers, news reading, sports health, system tools, music videos, finance , Photography and other, a total of 14 categories.