“STC89C52RC is a low-power, high-performance CMOS 8-bit microcontroller produced by STC Company. STC89C52 is a low-voltage, high-performance COMOS8 Microprocessor, commonly known as single chip microcomputer. The device is manufactured using ATMEL’s high-density non-volatile memory fabrication technology and is compatible with the industry-standard MCS-51 instruction set and output pins.
STC89C52RC is a low-power, high-performance CMOS 8-bit microcontroller produced by STC Company. STC89C52 is a low-voltage, high-performance COMOS8 Microprocessor, commonly known as single chip microcomputer. The device is manufactured using ATMEL’s high-density non-volatile memory fabrication technology and is compatible with the industry-standard MCS-51 instruction set and output pins.
At the same time, on a single chip, it has a smart 8-bit CPU and in-system programmable Flash, making the STC89C52 a highly flexible and ultra-effective solution for many embedded control application systems.
It has the following standard functions: 8k bytes of Flash, 512 bytes of RAM, 32-bit I/O lines, watchdog timer, built-in 4KBEEPROM, MAX810 reset circuit, 3 16-bit timers/counters, 4 external interrupts, A 7-vector 4-level interrupt structure (compatible with the traditional 51-level 5-vector 2-level interrupt structure), full-duplex serial port. In addition, the STC89C52 can be reduced to 0Hz static logic operation, and supports two software-selectable power-saving modes. In idle mode, the CPU stops working, allowing RAM, timers/counters, serial ports, and interrupts to continue working. In the power-down protection mode, the RAM content is saved, the oscillator is frozen, and all the work of the microcontroller stops until the next interrupt or hardware reset. The maximum operating frequency is 35MHz, and 6T/12T are optional.
8K bytes program storage space;
512 bytes of data storage space;
Built-in 4K bytes EEPROM storage space;
It can be downloaded directly using the serial port;
1. Enhanced 8051 microcontroller, 6 clocks/machine cycle and 12 clocks/machine cycle can be selected arbitrarily, and the instruction code is fully compatible with traditional 8051.
2. Working voltage: 5.5V～3.3V (5V MCU)/3.8V～2.0V (3V MCU)
3. Operating frequency range: 0 ~ 40MHz, equivalent to 0 ~ 80MHz of ordinary 8051, the actual operating frequency can reach 48MHz
4. The user application space is 8K bytes
5. On-chip integrated 512-byte RAM
6. General-purpose I/O ports (32), after reset: P1/P2/P3 are quasi-bidirectional ports/weak pull-ups, P0 port is open-drain output, when used for bus expansion, no pull-up resistor is needed. When the I/O port is used, a pull-up resistor should be added.
7. ISP (programmable in system)/IAP (programmable in application), no special programmer, no special emulator, you can download the user program directly through the serial port (RxD/P3.0, TxD/P3.1), a few seconds to complete a piece
8. With EEPROM function
9. A total of 3 16-bit timers/counters. That is, timers T0, T1, T2
10. 4 external interrupts, falling edge interrupt or low level trigger circuit, PowerDown mode can be woken up by external interrupt low level trigger interrupt method
11. Universal asynchronous serial port (UART), you can also use timer software to implement multiple UARTs
12. Operating temperature range: -40～+85℃ (industrial grade)/0～75℃ (commercial grade)
13. PDIP package
STC89C52RC has more suffix “RC” than ordinary 89C52. Although they are all single-chip microcomputer chips, the single-chip microcomputer with the word “RC” has its own RC clock oscillation circuit (some frequencies are adjustable and some frequencies are not adjustable). An external crystal oscillator can be used. Chips without the word “RC” generally have to install an external crystal oscillator circuit.
STC89C52RC is an enhanced MCS-51 microcontroller of Hongjing Company. Compared with AT89C52 of Atmel Company, it has the following advantages:
Support STC’s 2-wire download method, it is more convenient to download programs;
Support 6T mode (in 6T mode, 6 clock cycles are one machine cycle);
4kB capacity E²PROM is integrated on-chip;
With P4 port, with more I/O;
Program memory has more erasing and writing life (STC can be erased and written to 100,000 times, Atmel can be erased and written to 1000 times. But for mass-produced products, this erasing life is meaningless).
Disadvantages of STC MCU compared to Atmel: In some cases, the anti-jamming capability is not as good as Atmel’s MCS-51 MCU.